by Andy Hilton, recruit757
The weekend is a great time for football, and that’s where B-Dubs has you covered. They also have you covered with the High School Football Player of the Week. You have six great choices from the top performers in the sixth week of the season. Take a look at these guys…
- Tommy Spencer had a hand in all four scores for Granby. He carried the ball 12 times for 123 yards and two touchdowns, he return an INT 29 yards for a touchdown, and he forced a fumble that a teammate scooped and scored on in a 28-6 win over Wilson.
- As a sophomore starter, Jacob Wilson ran for 120 yards and four TDs, plus he threw for 155 yards in a 58-24 win over Hickory.
- Against undefeated Grassfield, the Western Branch defense allowed only three first downs, 93 yards rushing (86 on one play at the beginning of the game), and 17 yards passing. The Bruins had three INTs, two fumble recoveries, five tackles for a loss, and a sack in a convincing 55-7 win over the Grizzlies.
- Brent Hinson ran wild over New Kent, carrying the ball 27 times for 221 yards and five touchdowns in a 42-7 win over the Trojans.
- Deshaun Wethington had 16 carries for 249 yards and four touchdowns in a 49-21 win over Indian River.
- Tommy McKee was 11-16 passing for 157 yards and no INTs, plus he rushed for 130 yards on 10 carries and scored two touchdowns in a 34-28 win over Tallwood.
You can vote now by going to the polling page here, through the link on the front page of recruit757.com, or you can find us on Facebook. Tell your friends and rally the vote for your favorite!
Thank you to Buffalo Wild Wings for supporting local high school football! Be sure to go to Buffalo Wild Wings on game day, and tell them that you saw them on recruit757.com!
- Andy Hilton